I wanted to make a short bullet pointed blog post answering some questions that I have written out for my self in order to give myself a better overview of how I feel about the whole project, and how I would have improved it if I was to do it all over again.
Below is a list of questions that I wrote out for myself in order for me to be able to write a steady review of how my Fanzine went and how I feel about it.
- What did I enjoy about this Brief?
- What problems did I have?
- How did I fix them?
- How I feel about the final Product?
- What would I change if I was to redo this?
- Would I create another Fanzine?
I am going to try make this post as short as I can but I do want to go into detail about a few different parts of the project and what happened.
- I Really enjoyed the freedom that this brief had, we were really able to go our own way and do whatever we wanted without much of a limit. I also really enjoyed making this fanzine as it gave me a chance to see what goes into making something like this and also allowed me to gain a lot of skills, which I can take into the future with anything else I want to create. Learning InDesign was a great part of this brief as it really does give you a lot more options and opportunities in the field.
- I unfortunately had to change my Idea after a few months as it occurred to me that it would be more difficult to execute in the time limit that we had for this brief. After changing my idea I also had a few problems with shoots that I wanted to do but couldn’t due to weather conditions or due to testing them and realising that they would not work with the style that I was creating.
- I was able to solve these problems very easily by changing my idea from doing Music photography to light photography as the basis of my fanzine. I had already been working on light photography in my own time so being able to produce a fanzine covering this style was really fun and gave me a chance to test out new ideas using long shutter speeds. When I had problems with the shoots I sat down and spent some time looking at what would work and what wouldn’t, I then went onto test the new ideas that I had until I had a strong one and used those in replacement of what I was originally going to do.
- I am writing another blog post about the final fanzine print that I am going to be getting from the print shop within the next few days, however I am really happy with the layout that I created and the design idea I went with. At first I wasn’t sure but now I know that it works really well and I feel as though I have done a good job with how I have designed it. I will go into more detail about this on the next post that I write, with pictures included of the final print.
- I think that If I was going to redo this unit I would defiantly look at taking more time on the ideas that I have so therefore I would not be panicking when the ideas didn’t work, I would make sure that I had more time to plan and maybe look at doing some different styles and trying to do long exposure shots during the day which I think would be difficult but would also be a challenge that I would like to take on.
- I honestly think that after doing this unit I would defiantly look at doing another fanzine but creating it in a completely different style to this one, maybe with less images and creating a simpler one. I really like the idea of only using 10/15 images for one fanzine as it gives more impact to the pictures but for this one having more images worked in my favour. I am currently working on some more ideas and have a idea for another fanzine that I would like to work on so I think that I will get that on the roll in the next few months, maybe during the summer when I have more spare time.
- Page 18 and 19
- Page 6/7